Monday, November 6, 2023

Diastasis Repair. Tummy Tuck. Abdominoplasty. Week 3-4




 The first 2 weeks were pretty hard, but after 10 days I felt like I was feeling better and better each day.  My back still hurt some but I was able to stand up more and felt much less pain.  I started sleeping in bed, with lots of pillows to prop me up, and a wedge to keep my legs up as well. This helped a TON in terms of me feeling more alive, and energy. I still tired slowly, and moved much slower than normal. But I felt I could do most household chores, and I was able to drive, and go to kids games, etc. I was cleared to do light cardio at week 4, but I was not allowed to intentionally engage my abs so that was just very light walking. 


Week 3 notes- I was able to go out to dinner to celebrate a friends birthday. Late in the week Ryan left for a work trip and I was fine to be solo mom. Week 3 was a vast improvement, and I was able to function aside from running/working out like normal! 

Week 3- I still had Steri-strips and glue along the vertical incision



Week 3- I had a spot along my incision that didnt look great, but it was not infected just heal, sloth off, heal, and repeat.




Week 4-Still wearing the binder, so all sorts of marks, but feeling good! 
I removed my steri-strips as they were peeling quite a bit, and that made me feel a lot better too! 

I saw improvement I was using silver sulfadiazine on the area, and once a long stitch came out and was cut, the healing really started. My incision got better and better! 


No comments:

Post a Comment