Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Training Blog Aug 11-17

Man it has been a long time since my blog has been primarily about training!!
I had a solid week of training last week...for a gal that took over 6 months off and is working on raising 2 kids that are 6 weeks old.  I also hit 31 years old this week.

Monday -2 easy miles @8:40

Tuesday - 2 miles warm up, 1 mile@6:15, 2 min rest, 3x400@ 89, 30 sec rest, 1x800@6:15, 2 mins rest, 2x400@89 30 sec rest. My splits were 6:15, 89,87,88,3:07,87,81. Felt in control the entire time.

Wed- 4 miles easy@ 7:56. I was happy to report no soreness in my legs! My rib cage on the other hand was a sore mess!! Apparently not breathing hard for 6 months actually gets your chest out of shape!? Holy cow I have a long way to go!

Thursday- 4 miles easy @7:31 from sec sole. again feeling good.

Friday- 5 miles easy @8:12 with Connie around the neighborhood. Great day for a run!

Saturday- "long run" with Ryan! It was beautiful out and great to run in the valley. Ran mile 7 @1/2 effort and it was 6:53. Fingers crossed! 8 miles @7:41

Sunday 4 miles @8:08 pace easy with Ry again 

I am taking Monday off after 10 days of running. I plan to take a day off every 7-10 days for awhile to ensure I stay as healthy as possible during my...don't call it a comeback! I'm feeling good and ready to be racing mentally, but physically not quite there. I still have a belly on me despite not having much weight (still up 3 lbs).  I am doing core work to fix the diastasis recti I have acquired. But only time will tell if it can actually be fixed. Luckily Ryan still tells me I'm pretty. I know it's hideous, but those kids are so cute. Fair trade?!?

6 weeks to the Akron 1/2, I'm hopeful I can be in 1:28-1:30 shape. Glenn says "no time goals", but I can't run without thinking of numbers so numbers are what I think of...sorry Glenn! 

Quick Picture of the growing little ones!  Corra (top) and Nolan (bottom)

No comments:

Post a Comment