Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pregnancy 18 weeks done!

Over the past month, a lot has changed!  Ryan and I (mostly Ry's work) have the kid's room coming along!  It has been painted, and dresser, crib and changing table are all set up.  We have one more crib to put together, but due to a piece that was broken during transit, we have to wait just a little longer!

Im getting bigger by the day!  I have gained a total of 10 lbs.  My stomach is stretching so much I am not sure how I will ever make it another 18-19 weeks!  I am in maternity clothes aside from some longer shirts I've had and sweatpants or running shorts!
During the Dr. Apt today they said things looked good.  My cervix is long enough right now, and my blood pressure was 110 over 60 so that was good to hear. 
My stomach at 14 weeks
To this! 32 inches around the biggest part! 


My stomach at 18 weeks.
We had our gender ultrasound today and they quickly told us the gender of the babies.  Then did a million other measurements to see that they were growing normally.  Both twins had a heart with 4 chambers, 2 kidneys, a bladder, good brain development, and a stomach! So we are in business!  
Baby A is the lower of the two and it is head down, weighing in at 126 grams, about 7 oz. while Baby B is the higher more to the left of the two and it is breech weighing in at 120 grams, also about 7 oz.  Which is right on schedule for their growth! Baby A had a heart rate of 145 and Baby B of 144, so they are pretty similar in size, which means they are both getting a good amount of nutrients! 

Looking good and getting big!


We plan to save sharing the gender of the babies at our baby shower on May 4th.  Ryan doesn't think I can keep the secret.  But he is the one already hankerin' to tell people, so I don't know if I'm the one we should be worried about! haha!  He is right, I don't like to keep secrets, so I do want to tell everyone the names we have chosen for this gender instance. But for now my lips are sealed!  My group of Cleveland Elite Development gals are coming up with rules on what is considered "fair play" in terms of bribing me for the information! haha!  Little to they know, I am well aware I am the cruelest of the CED gals and if they want to steal my dog, and clean up her potty breaks, feed her, play with her and enjoy some puppy walks in sub zero weather, I'm fine with letting them raise her into an even sweeter young pup!  I trust all of them to be more kind and patient than I am!  

So today was an exciting day that helped to elevate a lot of my anxiety about the little ones.  I am feeling more energized than I did 4 weeks ago, and enjoying life a lot more!  My back hurts if I work over about 6 hours just from standing, and occasionally for no reason at all but that is definitely manageable!   Sleeping is hit or miss, some nights I sleep all but a bathroom break or two and others, I am too uncomfortable and I spend the night tossing and turning.  Not a complaint though, it is only going to get worse!  I don't plan on having good sleep again until at least 1 year from now, so I will take what I can get! I am still working out on the elliptical nearly everyday and missing running and the gals a lot.  But 6 months from now I will hopefully be back and getting fit again! 

Now on to week 19! 

No comments:

Post a Comment