Monday, November 14, 2016

My Midwest Holiday Flystyle Guide

I have had a number of friends and family ask for advice on what Oiselle picks are the best for various situations over the past couple weeks.  So I thought a Midwest Flystyle Guide was in order. Here are my top pics for the Fall 2016 season to help get us through a Midwest winter.


 The perfect sweatshirt. It is my single most favorite piece from the Fall 16 line.  It is soft like cream cheese frosting.  While some liken it to butter, I don't want to rub butter all over myself. However, cream cheese frosting?  Now we are talking my language! It has a great lifestyle look to it, perfect with jeans and some sneakers to run errands, but is totally runnable!  I have put mine through a 15 miler and many a workout warm up and cool down.

Perfect post race warmth.

Perfect for my High School HOF induction with a pair of kaki pants.

When it is below 30 degrees, windy and slushy, A.K.A. everyday from December- March in much of the Midwest.  We will be left with two choices; suit up, or DREADMILL.  My go to cold weather outfit will have any runner ready to go on the snowing and blowing days.
Aero Jacket, Moto Tights, Soft Shell Mittens, Lux Earband, and Wazzie Wool Gaiter make up my weatherproof look



Start with any base layer (I prefer a Lux Raglan Long Sleeve or Lux Raglan Short Sleeve and don't forget the Lux Verrazano Bra ), then add an Aero Jacket.  This Jacket is a soft, slightly fitted and just thick enough to really stay warm in wind and even some of the wet stuff. I also love it to wear for XC meets, its flattering, and comfortable through a long day.

Looking for the perfect cold weather tights? My choice is the Moto Tight.  They have a fun color block look with flattering pintucking, to keep me looking snazzy.  Throw in their soft fleece lining to ward off the cold, and they are a perfect combo of fierce and functional. 

Accessories make this outfit!  My favorite glove of the season has to be the Soft Shell Mittens.  When the wind and the snow is coming down. I have to have mittens, no glove will do.  The soft shell mitten is wind and water resistant, and the perfect mitt for any distance in the elements.  The thumb is touchscreen ready so you don't have to worry about any chill getting in! These are a great addition to anyone's toolbox in the midwest!  They are roomie enough to fit a pair of lux gloves in for some added warmth on the really cold days. 
Lux earband- For some reason most hats slide up, and don't keep my ears covered when I am running, so I am an earband girl all the way (maybe I have a big head?)!  Make it in Lux and I want to wear it!  Light enough it doesn't make sounds muffled, and warm enough for even the coldest day.  
Finally finish off this warm, weatherproof look with a Wazzie Wool Gaiter.  This gaiter is clutch on a cold windy day.  Keeps your neck warm and into the wind, just pull it up to keep your face toasty too.  The wazzie wool is breathable, yet strong enough to ward off Jack Frost's best attempt to at your nose! 

The sloppy, too dangerous days will happen, but tackling the treadmill is much more fun in the right gear.  For me a Hi-Ten Bra, and Mac Rogas are the way to go! This "less is more" approach leaves me feeling like I am flying...
Ok, maybe not, but I don't overheat, and feel as comfortable as possible on the hamster wheel.  *Full disclosure- I am a 36 AA bra size so any covering will do.  If you need a little more support check out any of the great bras Oiselle has to offer here

So now you have it, how to stay comfortable in the Midwest from December- March...or April...or May! All that is left to do, is choose which colors you want!  If you ask me, anything in heather shine or oba blue is a safe bet! I am 5'4"tall and weigh 115 lbs I wear size 4, or small in everything described, except bras I am a size 6. If you have any questions, please send them my way in the comments or email me at beckispellman@gmail.com!

Have a safe and runderful winter! 











No comments:

Post a Comment