Sunday, September 13, 2015

Update Blog! Big races on the horizon.

I haven't posted since Grandma's Marathon in June because we have had a lot going on around here.  A few days after the race we closed on a new home in Hilliard Ohio, celebrated our twins turning one year old, went on vacation, and started the moving process!  Moving is a stressor for sure!  Ryan and I fought about way more than necessary and 99% of that was just me being stressed out.  We made the final move the first weekend in August.  We replaced 2 bathrooms, and went through a lot of paint.  But the house is really staring to feel like home.  Leaving Akron was a big struggle for me. I had my mom and Diane there to help with the kids, a job I loved working at Second Sole, and my friends and teammates of CED. The first couple weeks I really struggled to fit in running and not feel stressed about every step of it.  As I have discovered places to run, and learned to enjoy them, the running slowly became more and more fun, and the miles began to feel like they were effortless again. 

These 2 have turned into real little people (see below)

They walk, run, talk, feed themselves, and love to be read to!

Ryan got my hammock up on the swing!


So that pretty much gets us up to date!  I have been running 80-90 miles a week and getting in some pretty solid workouts.  This morning Ellison and Josh were in town for various reasons and I had company for 19 miles. We were suppose to run 19 @6:50-7:00 average, and we were 6:56 so it was a solid run.  Tempos have progressed and week depending the 5:50-6:20 pace efforts feel more and more relaxed.  Ellie and I are 5 weeks out from the Columbus Marathon on October 18th and Josh will be racing Grand Rapids Marathon the same day. 

My past 2 weeks looked like this.

Monday Aug 31-Sept 6

Mileage total 88 miles

Workout 1-14 miles with 1x1.5 miles-8:27, 1 mile@5:32, 2x1000 @ 3:24, and 3:22, 1 mile @ 5:27 all with 2:30 jog between.  This went pretty smooth despite hot, humid, and heavy legs. 

battle--food poisoning knocked me out on Tuesday late, and Wednesday was a .5 mile run.

Workout 2- 14 miles with 4x2 miles with 2:30 recovery jog--12:01, 11:58, 11:52, 11:38  very controlled, and effortless on the first 3. 

Long run- 22 HOT and HUMID miles.  10 of it with Ryan and my legs felt very good until about 3 miles to go. 


Monday Sept 7-Sept 13

Mileage total 88

Workout 1- 12 miles with 5x2k running 7:04, 7:05, 7:05, 7:02, 7:15 all with 2 min jog. This was a 90 degree morning, and I was nervous the times wouldn't come. The last one was a struggle, as indicated by the time, but I got the work in. 

Workout 2- 15.5 miles with 11.13 tempo 8@ 6:20 then 10x1 min on 1 min off.  splits were 6:15, 6:11, 6:13, 6:15, 6:10, 6:14, 6:12, 6:11, (start min on/off), 6:36, 6:20, 6:18.  Solid workout, and felt pretty good throughout.  My legs were heavy and I was happy with the effort. 

Long- 19 miles @7:00-6:55 with Ellie and Josh! 2:11:53 for 6:56 ave. 57 degrees made this run very very fun.  It never felt like a long run, and the miles passed quickly. 

I have added some extra sleep to my regimen and it really seems to be helping with staying healthy.  Ryan insists on me taking a nap post long run, and he usually gets up to get the kids a drink and back to bed an hour prior to me getting up so that I can get in 9-10 full hours of sleep a night. I think this is a huge step in keeping me healthy, with all the stress of mom-ing, and training! 

In 2 weeks I will be using the Akron Half Marathon as a tune up/run with your brain, and in 5 weeks I will be towing the line with Ellie at the Columbus Marathon with the goal of sub 2:43.  If you are in the area come out and cheer!  If you aren't all fast vibes sent our way are appreciated!  

Hoping for legs as fresh as these on the start line!



No comments:

Post a Comment