Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Time For Week 22

This past weekend was rife with speedy times being posted all across the country!  I was very proud seeing many of my CED teammate's hard work starting to pay off this year!  But man do I MISS RUNNING!!  As the weather gets nicer and nicer out it is becoming increasingly tough not to feel jealous!  I miss the simple pitter patter of my own feet on the pavement and the incredible feeling of a workout well done.  I have reassessed my goals for 2015-2016 and I am going to be very aggressive in chasing them down.  I only have 6-8 years left to really get much faster. and I don't want to look back and wonder what I could have done if I had gone all in and really raced and pushed myself fearlessly.  So I am preparing mentally during this 6 month down time to really be ready to challenge myself like never before in the upcoming years.   Meanwhile I am plugging away on the elliptical, and reminding myself to enjoy all I still get to do!  

I am up just under 14 lbs. from my pre-pregnancy weight, and feeling pretty good still.  I am out of breath after pretty medial tasks, largely because my diaphragm is being squished by the 2 lbs of baby, 4 more lbs of amniotic fluid, and 4 lbs of placenta, commandeering  it's way into my abdomen!  

All of that looks something like this! 
My belly button is an outie, and I feel the little ones kick, wiggle and squirm ALL of the time now.  I don't particularly like the feeling of them moving, but it gives me peace of mind that they are doing ok, and growing! I am already nervous to see how I can possibly get bigger in the next 15 weeks, and I am prayerful that I don't end up with crazy stretch marks.  

Ryan and our families are getting excited to meet the twins.  We can't wait to have them home, and see what our family looks like as we learn to deal with the new challenges. I am embracing it all the best I can, but as many of you can expect, it is all a bit overwhelming for me.  Being a planner makes it a challenge to just patiently wait and see what happens.  Ill learn to be more flexible and I know that will make me a better person, so cheers to that (with sparkling grape juice of course)!  Next month I will start working less hours, as my body shows signs of not being able to handle standing for 8-10 hours.  I love this time of year in a running store, but when my back and feet start to hurt I'm pretty much useless! I mean who really wants to work with a grimacing, breathy, waddling girl anyway! lol!!  

I am excited to work my way through week 22.  Everyday is a day closer to being un-pregnant!  I don't know how elephants do this for 3 years... I guess when they are this cute they are worth it?!?
Baby RY!


No comments:

Post a Comment