Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Finally past 20 weeks!

Week 20 went Cruising by!  What a great thing!  With warmer weather and some sunshine it was probably the nicest week we have had since November!  Now if Mother Nature would just allow us this pleasantry for awhile and then strike up the band and get us back to summer, then we would really have something!

This week was actually a little tough.  I started feeling a scratchy throat on Tuesday night and by Wednesday morning I was positive I had a cold.  While being pregnant it is a challenge to make sure you don't take any medication that can negatively effect the babies, so I used a NetiPot (disgusting) and some vapor rub to soothe my woes away.  I pretty much just slept as much as I could stand and sucked down lots of water, juice, and Nunn as I could.   It took until Sunday for me to really start feeling better.  Our beautiful lil pup was also spayed this week so I had a rest up partner in crime.  It made me feel justified in spending a significant amount of each day cuddle up on the couch with her!  haha!


Grandpa lost 11 lbs and I've gained it!
Saturday I decided it was time to measure my stomach after a constant achy feeling for the entire 9 hour shift I had at work. Sure enough I wasn't disappointed!  My oh my, my stomach has grown 3 INCHES  around in 10 days!  I measure the circumference around right at my belly button, just to have an idea of how I am growing.  I was 32 inches when I last checked on Wednesday Feb 26th and on Saturday March 8th I was a solid 35!  While I don't like the look or the feeling, I like knowing that the little ones are growing and getting ready to come meet us!  Let me tell you little ones, we are awesome and you are totally going to love us! haha!

The warmer weather has me really hankering to run!  I am now jealous of all of my fit friends out there enjoying the 40+ degree weather.  Although the next 2 days might be yucky.  I have been able to get out for some walks and that makes it a little better.  At least I have my elliptical!  Watching all the fast times happening around me has me writing down big goals a year from now, and thinking of the best ways to stay healthy while getting there.  I am hopeful that this is a much needed break after 18 years of running, and my faster days are yet to come!

Throwback to just over a year ago.  2nd place team USATF Club 8k Champs!  Our top 3 were all top 10!
I love these ladies and miss spending lots of time with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment